Saturday, March 1, 2014

First Attempt

This was my first attempt at a Zentangle drawing on December 10, 2013. I was inspired by a local teacher who was recently certified to teach Zentangle. She came to my school and held a workshop to teach the 6th grade about Zentangle. I sat in on the workshop to see if this was something I would be interested in. It turned out that I found it really relaxing and enjoyable! I then got a pack of thin-tip colored Sharpies and tried it out. In this piece, I practiced the designs the teacher had showed us during the workshop and a few patterns of my own. I came to realize that Zentanlge can be whatever you want it to be. What you draw doesn't necessarily need to be a registered trademarked pattern. Creativity is what this is all about. I turned this piece into a landscape with the sun, mountains, and river.

No comments:

Post a Comment